d’Arcambal Ousley & Cuyler Burk, LLP (“DO&CB”) specializes in all types of discovery services and can assist you with maneuvering through the difficult discovery process in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Here’s what we do:
- We represent companies responding to third-party subpoenas and document requests served in conjunction with large litigation involving corporations directly
- We provide consultation services on how best to manage and conduct electronic and other discovery, including assistance in determining which e-discovery platform, amongst the many, may best suit your needs.
- We work with your lead outside counsel on large cases to conduct document collection and review, and witness interviews at a lower cost.
- We assist with privilege reviews.
- We assist with litigation readiness, developing template discovery responses and creating repositories for responsive documents to ensure conformity and promote efficiency for litigation involving repetitive claims.
- We provide initial reviews of key policies, claim and/or product files to identify the areas of risk/concern affecting companies in litigation or pre-litigation matters.
…and here are some of the benefits of working with our firm:
- We have an in-depth knowledge of various insurance products and documents and can help in-house and outside counsel to prioritize and strategize how best to defend the company.
- Our long history and relationship with our corporate clients allows us to use our knowledge to identify reputational, regulatory and/or litigation risks in litigation and pre-litigation matters.
- We have experience with a variety of E-Discovery platforms and strong relationships with several E-Discovery providers.
- We utilize our knowledge of companies and the industry to more quickly and efficiently review discovery requests for potential objections, and to strategize regarding the production of documents and other information that may be responsive to those requests.
- Because we are a boutique firm, we offer flexible fee arrangements and help the company keep work targeted and costs contained.
Featured Partners, Of Counsel, and Associates handling Discovery Services:
Elizabeth F. McCrohan (of counsel) has over 30 years of experience working in the insurance/financial services industry. She has supervised litigation including multi-million dollar class actions involving individual life, health and annuities, group life and disability (ERISA and non-ERISA), long term care and retirement products. Her experience allows her to assist clients with claims, underwriting, policy administration and regulatory issues. She has also worked on product filings, customer complaints and internal investigations. Ms. McCrohan spent 21 years as in-house counsel with The Prudential Insurance Company of America. While at Prudential, she supervised the litigation team that was responsible for the Company’s individual and group insurance litigation. Additionally, she worked with the claims and underwriting areas to develop procedures for handling claims, customer complaints, subpoenas, garnishments and divorces.
Jodie L. Ousley (Partner) Ms. Ousley has a diverse defense litigation background that includes commercial and general liability defense litigation, as well as fraud investigation and litigation. She has successfully litigated life and disability matters for fifteen years and provides strategic advice on risk assessment. She has represented third-party defendants and managed E-discovery production in response to third-party subpoenas in large scale class action litigation. She is proficient with Relativity and other document review platforms and has particular experience with in depth reviews of privileged and sensitive documents and the creation of complex privilege logs. She has years of experience preparing witnesses for depositions and creating strategy for witnesses at depositions and to authenticate documents. Ms. Ousley attended Oxford University and Southern Methodist University School of Law, where she graduated cum laude in 1997. She received a B.A. degree in 1992 from the University of Texas.
Jaclyn DiLascio Malyk (Partner) Ms. Malyk is a seasoned litigator with experience in insurance law, including life, health, disability, insurance coverage, insurance products regulation and general contract litigation. Ms. Malyk has been extensively involved in litigating ERISA and non-ERISA disability and accidental death benefits claims, life insurance rescission actions, and disputes between providers and provider networks. Ms. Malyk provides transactional advice on state insurance and annuities regulations in connection with the development of new products and the operation of existing products, and has been instrumental in fostering program-wide proactive approaches to discovery to increase success and cost-effectiveness. Ms. Malyk graduated from Rutgers University in 1998 with a B.A., and received her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2002.
Vedant Gokhale (Associate) Mr. Gokhale has practiced for over fifteen years and has experience working on high profile litigations including Mortgage Backed Security and Trademark Infringement cases. He has managed and led the production of large scale E-discovery, including the supervision of document and privilege reviews, and prepared document witnesses for depositions. Prior to joining DO&CB, he worked as a solo practicing attorney specializing in commercial litigation and real estate transactions, as well as at the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs where he assisted in the enforcement of the city’s Consumer Protection Laws. He is a graduate of New York Law School and Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ.