BA, Political Science, cum laude, Ursinus College
JD, Temple University James Beasley School of Law
Pennsylvania State Bar
Ms. McCrohan has over 30 years of experience working in the insurance/financial services industry. She has supervised litigation including multi-million dollar class actions involving individual life, health and annuities, group life and disability (ERISA and non-ERISA), long term care and retirement products. Her experience allows her to assist clients with claims, underwriting, policy administration and regulatory issues. She has also worked on product filings, customer complaints and internal investigations. She has worked directly with her business clients to identify potential Stranger Originated Life Insurance (“STOLI”) policies and the efforts to rescind those contracts.
Ms. McCrohan spent the last 21 years as in-house counsel with The Prudential Insurance Company of America. While at Prudential, she supervised the litigation team that was responsible for the Company’s individual and group insurance litigation. Additionally, she worked with the claims and underwriting areas to develop procedures for handling claims, customer complaints, subpoenas, garnishments and divorces. Prior to joining Prudential, she held the position of Vice President and Deputy General Counsel at Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company. Ms. McCrohan’s experience as an in-house attorney gives her the unique ability to understand the delicate balance between compliance with all applicable laws and regulation and continuing to allow the business to move forward as quickly as possible. She offers clients the following services:
- Assistance with document review to identify potentially problematic documents, developing themes and reviewing documents for privilege issues. She can assist with document review in large litigation or regulatory matters either in concert with a larger firm that has been selected to serve as lead counsel or with her colleagues at d’Arcambal handling the matter in its entirety.
- Risk assessment of potential regulatory or litigation issues involving claim, underwriting, administration or product issues.
- Assistance with the development of procedures related to claims handling, policyholder complaint handling, interpleaders, garnishments, levies and provide training on those procedures.
- Work with companies on product filings and the handling of regulatory inquiries.
- Assistance with internal investigations and responding to customer complaints.
Affiliations and Activities
Defense Resources Institute (“DRI”) – Member
Litigation Committee of the American Counsel of Life Insurers (“ACLI”) – having served as past Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the Litigation Subcommittee.